Our Company Blog
G-star Red Listing Denim
The Classic- A Single thick turn-up
The Modern- A double thin turn-up
10. 3D Custom Spray- By moistening the pant with the spray can and squatting for 30 seconds, you instantly create a personalised 3D denim. Frequent wearing and minimal washing further develops the character and aging of the denim.
Creators of Wildfox chat with HG2!
Wildfox Q and A – July 10, 2012
NOTE: All clothing seen in the pictures were shot at HG2 in Edmonton, and can be found in all three HG2 locations!
1. For those who don't know, can you tell us about how Wildfox was born and the inspiration behind it?
E and K: Wildfox is the love child born of two best friends (us), Emily Faulstich and Kimberly Gordon. Inspired by our childhood and growing up in the 80’s, we set out to create a brand based on love and having fun with your best friends! We’re inspired by so much: 80’s movies and heartthrobs, fairies, vintage-everything, old books, love stories.
2. What does being a Wildfox girl mean to you?
E and K: Being a Wildfox Girl means being yourself! Wildfox girls are dreamers, lovers, explorers, free-thinkers, concert-goers! They’re flirty, fun-loving, adventurous and always the centre of attention!
3. Wildfox seems to be a brand that is completely unique when it comes to its fits. Where does this come from, and what are the major fits within Wildfox?
E and K: Here at Wildfox – comfort is key. We’re obsessed with our Fleece fabric, and if we could, we would live in it. We love clothes that are luxurious, cozy and scrumptious! Our favourite fits are our Baggy Beach Jumper, V-Neck Tee-shirt, Lennon Sweater and Roadtrip Sweater.
4. Do you have to be from California to live the Wildfox lifestyle?
E and K: Anyone can live the Wildfox lifestyle, not just Californians! It’s all about attitude, being your true self, and living life to the fullest. That can be done in LA, Timbuktu, or the Okotoks!
5. Wildfox has seen huge celebrity growth. What is it about the brand that inspires the glamorous to adopt the Wildfox look?
E and K: We think celebrities love our clothes because they are the opposite of red-carpet wear (high heels, spanx and tight dresses). After a night posing on the red carpet, nothing feels better than putting on a Wildfox fleece!
6. Where will we see Wildfox growing in the future?
E and K: Wildfox started as a line of knitwear in 2007. Since then we have added Swimwear, Jewelry, Kids, Sunglasses, Shoe collaborations – the sky’s the limit! There’s so much more we could do (Housewares, Handbags and Mens?! – oh my!) Stay tuned!
7. Who would be your dream models for a Wildfox campaign?
E and K: We love models that bring their own style and flair to a photoshoot. Past models Amanda Booth and Charlotte Free have rocked it! We wouldn’t pass up an opportunity to work with Heather Marks, Lily Cole or Coco Rocha though, just sayin’.
8. How can Wildfox make our customers embrace their fun-loving, sexy side?
E and K: Every girl has a fun-loving sexy side, but we’re not all the most confident. Sometimes wearing a shirt that says “FOX” or “Hopeless Romantic” or “Love me, Love me, Say that you Love me” does the work for us! We love that!
9. Anything you would like to say to your Alberta customers?
E and K: We love Alberta! You must already know about our obsession with anything Cowboy-related. Alberta girls are soooo Wildfox (see previous post on loving Heather Marks). There must be something in the water and Mountain air – because Albertan girls are something special!